Call for Evidence
Defence in Scotland
Terms of reference: Defence in Scotland: military personnel and estate
The Committee is inviting written submissions which should focus on, but not be limited to:
- What impacts are the UK’s changing defence priorities having on investment, employment and communities in Scotland?
- How important are military installations in Scotland for supporting the UK’s international military alliances?
- How well are Scottish people and places represented in the UK military?
- How have recent military infrastructure investments affected employment and communities in Scotland?
- How might planned military personnel reductions and estate reductions affect employment and communities in Scotland? What impacts are already occurring from planned reductions/closures?
- Should the UK Government offer any additional support to individuals and communities affected?
The Committee values diversity and seeks to ensure this where possible. We encourage members of underrepresented groups to submit written evidence.
Deadline for submissions
The Committee calls for evidence to be submitted by Monday 4 October.