Call for Evidence
The Benefits System in Wales
This submission form is not currently public. Please only use this form if invited to do so by the committee, otherwise your submission might not be considered.
Terms of reference
The Committee is inviting written evidence responding to the following questions. The deadline for submissions is Tuesday 10 August.
- What are the key challenges for the benefits system in Wales and how do they differ from the other nations and regions of the UK?
- Pre-pandemic, how effectively did the UK benefits system tackle poverty and socio-economic inequalities in Wales as compared to England and Scotland?
- How has the COVID-19 pandemic changed the type and amount of support needed by people in Wales?
- How effectively has the UK benefits system responded to these needs, and what else should the UK Government do to deliver the right support in Wales?
- How effectively do the Welsh Government’s allowances and grants meet the particular needs of people in Wales?
- What reforms are needed to the benefits system and should there be further devolution of powers?
- How effectively do the UK and Welsh Governments work together in the delivery of benefits in Wales?
- What are the implications of the Universal Basic Income pilot in Wales?