The main lesson from the Covid pandemic is empowerment. Where there’s a will, there’s a way. And this is just as true of communities as it is of individuals.
The IC-UK (Independent Constitutionalists - UK) initiative aims:
(1) to join with others in providing a focus for nation-wide conversations about how a better future might be achieved, and
(2) thus to develop a shared narrative to which all can contribute, bringing together the many good ideas that existing initiatives are already promoting.
OUR MAIN IDEAS for achieving a better normal:
• Independent Politics free from party-political ideology
• A New Democracy people-rich and participative
• Devolved Governance when and where possible
• Citizen deliberation via consensus-seeking Assemblies & Feeder-Panels
• Membership Selection via sortition and stratified sampling
• Genuine Representation mandated, accountable and revocable
• A Codified & Living Constitution framed by all, belonging to all
• A Political-Economy that is fair, inclusive and sustainable
• A New Environmentalism that puts people and planet before growth-fuelled profit
Committee members are asked to read our Declaration of Purpose at www.icuk.life for more details.
11 July 2020