Written evidence submitted by Bailey (GRA1440)
Dear Select Committee
Re request for evidence G R Act
• I think the current diagnosis requirement for gender dysphoria needs to be kept as an added protection.
• I think online applications only could open the door to fraud. Caution is necessary.
Applications that are life altering should not be rushed via an online route.
• It's imperative for the safety of women that single sex spaces are kept. Only men who have had their private parts completely removed and who look and sound female should be allowed into them.
• A spouses should be informed if their partner is seeking to change gender as this significantly affects both them and any children.
• There should be a fee to cover the costs of the process of gender transition. It is not a necessary step to take, so should not be paid for by taxpayers.