Written evidence from Teresa Steele (PHS 12)
Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Committee
Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman Scrutiny 2019-20 inquiry
I’ve submitted evidence to PACAC for a few years now. I have several arch lever files with correspondence between myself and the PHSO and the Trusts involved in my complaint, which began in 2011 and ended in December 2015. I also have correspondence between myself and Sir Bernard Jenkin when he chaired PACAC. None of this correspondence ever led to justice. More people are seeing this in many of our institutions. I include the MET in that last sentence.
I have written a short summary on Trust Pilot regarding the appalling service the PHSO delivers, and I’m not alone in my opinion.
- ….Failed to include all the evidence.
- ….Failed to be objective.
- ….Failed to determine my husband’s work ethic and ability which meant a comparison before and after the life changing outcome could not be made.
- ….Agreed with the skewed evidence the Trusts delivered, several times.
- ….Failed to mention that my husband had brain damage on the first report.
- ….Failed spectacularly by splitting the complaint into two separate investigations, letting me know this at the end of the first report. This happened 8 months after I’d given evidence in the first investigation that showed my husband was indeed brain damaged.
- ….Were part of the complaint handling system that took 4 years 2 months to reach a shoddy conclusion.
- ….Made sure FOI and SAR’s took an age to deliver, staff always seemed to be on holiday when asking for this information.
- ….Made me work hard in gathering all the evidence and information, knowing that my family were suffering, that I was working full time, only to ignore the parts that I knew were key to receiving justice.
- ….Made no reasonable adjustments in my favour, they did however adjust the scope of the investigation which meant vital evidence was omitted.
- ….Made sure the Trusts complained about were protected from scrutiny and litigation.
- ….Were always polite whilst they carried out all the above
- ….Simply failed
- ….Does not represent value for money.
I’ve kept it short and sweet, the establishment wins with what one could only assume is blind ignorance or another view may even suggest there is corruption within our establishment. Not hard to assume when you watch the Government’s here and around the world literally getting away with things the ordinary man on the street would be locked away for. Meanwhile my husband is still brain damaged - pity that outcome wasn’t mentioned in the first report when the PHSO investigators had the hard evidence of the CT scan 8 months before I received the final report.
You couldn’t make it up!