Written evidence submitted by Professor Dr Royston Flude FRSA FRSM FRGS (OPJ0046)
• How the media’s coverage of courts has changed, and what the implications are for open justice;
• What barriers there are to the media obtaining information from the courts;
• What could be done to make information on court cases more transparent and accessible;
• The implications of social media for court reporting and open justice; and
• The effect of court reform and remote hearings on open justice.
“Justice must not only be done, but must also be seen to be done”.
Lord Hewart, the then Lord Chief Justice of England in the case of Rex v. Sussex Justices, .