George Eustice to be questioned on meat and seafood exports to the EU
18 March 2021
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee will be questioning the Secretary of State to conclude its inquiry into Seafood and Meat Exports to the EU.
- Watch Parliament TV: Seafood and Meat Exports to the EU
- Inquiry: Seafood and Meat Exports to the EU
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Thursday 25 March
- Rt Hon George Eustice MP, Secretary of State, Defra,
- Ian Hewitt, Operations Director, Animal and Plant Health Agency
- David Kennedy, Director-General, Farming and Biosecurity, Defra
Purpose of the session
In this session, MPs will review the problems exporters faced following the end of the transition period, and probe how Defra helped businesses to prepare. It will explore possible actions that the Government might take to address the issues exporters now face, particularly the requirement for health certificates. The Committee will also consider the Government’s recent decision to defer the introduction of certification and checks at the border of EU imports of seafood and meat for a further six months, including the implications for food safety risks and competitiveness.
Image: Parliamentary copyright