BBC Director-General Tim Davie faces questioning by MPs
25 September 2020
The BBC’s new Director-General makes his first appearance before MPs in a wide-ranging session alongside Chairman Sir David Clementi and leading executives from the broadcaster.
- Parliament TV: The work of the BBC
- Inquiry: The future of public service broadcasting
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
Purpose of the session
On the agenda:
- the BBC’s recently published annual report which revealed salaries paid to on-air talent and senior managers
- its income and cost-cutting plans
- the likely impact of the proposed decriminalisation of non-payment of the licence fee; and
- the two-month deferment of its payment by those over 75 to are also expected to be considered.
Further questions will be raised about audiences, content and funding as part of the Committee’s ongoing inquiry into the future of public service broadcasting.
Tuesday 29 September 2020
- Tim Davie CBE, Director General, BBC
- Sir David Clementi, Chairman, BBC
- Glyn Isherwood, Chief Operating Officer, BBC
- Clare Sumner CBE, Director, Policy, BBC