Boohoo Chairman to give evidence as MPs revisit fashion sustainability
11 December 2020
As part of its follow-up inquiry on fashion sustainability, the Environmental Audit Committee (EAC) will be holding an evidence session with Boohoo Group’s Executive Chairman on 16 December.
- Watch live on Parliament TV: Fixing fashion: follow up
- Read more about the inquiry: Fixing fashion: follow up
- About the Environmental Audit Committee
Purpose of the session
The session will examine what progress has been made on tackling the environmental and social impact of the fashion industry since EAC’s Fixing Fashion inquiry in 2018/19.
The first panel hears from representatives from Traidcraft Exchange, the BRC and WRAP.
The second will hear from Matthew Taylor, Director of Labour Market Enforcement, and the Deputy City Mayor at Leicester Council.
On the final panel, the Committee will be hearing from Mahmud Kamani, Boohoo Group Executive Chairman, and the company’s Responsible Sourcing and Product Operations Director.
Wednesday 16 December
- Fiona Gooch, Senior Policy Adviser, Traidcraft Exchange
- Peter Andrews, British Retail Consortium
- Dr David Moon, Head of Business Collaboration, WRAP
- Matthew Taylor, Director of Labour Market Enforcement;
- Councillor Adam Clarke, Deputy City Mayor, Leicester Council
- Mahmud Kamani, Boohoo Group Executive Chairman;
- Andrew Reaney, Boohoo Group Responsible Sourcing and Product Operations Director
- Kelly Byrne, Commercial Director of NastyGal (a Boohoo Group brand)