Committee to hold evidence session on the future of probation
9 October 2020
The Justice Committee will hold an online live broadcast meeting at 2.30pm on 13 October 2020 on the future of probation.
The Probation service will be undergoing its second major reform programme in the last five years, with a new model of probation delivery due to be fully operational in 2021.
Purpose of the session
The session will cover:
- The effect of recent changes to probation on third sector organisations
- The new model of probation delivery – including the Dynamic Framework and Through the Gate
- Commissioning and localised service provision
- Transition to new services
- Workforce (including the new workforce strategy and transition of staff)
Tuesday 13 October
- Laura Seebohm, Executive Director – External Affairs, Changing-Lives
- Jessica Mullen, Director of Influence and Communications, Clinks
- Mat Ilic, Chief Development Officer, Catch22
- David Lloyd, Police and Crime Commissioner for Hertfordshire, representative from the Association of Police and Crime Commissioners.
- Ian Lawrence, General Secretary, Napo
- Katie Lomas, National Chair, Napo
- Ben Priestley, National Officer for Probation, Unison
Image: Parliamentary copyright