Business Secretary questioned on COP26, Greening the Covid recovery and Net-Zero
7 September 2020
The Environmental Audit Committee examines a number of existing and future opportunities for Net Zero Britain, particularly as the UK gears up for 2021 as COP26 President and the ability to be a global leader in the low-carbon transition.
- Watch Parliament TV: Greening the post-Covid Recovery
- Inquiry: Greening the post-Covid Recovery
- Environmental Audit Committee
10 September 2020, virtual meeting
- Rt Hon Alok Sharma MP, Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Peter Hill, Chair of the 26th UN Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP26)
- Julian Critchlow, Director General for Energy Transformation and Clean Growth, Department for Business Energy and Industrial Strategy
In the shorter term, and concluding the Committee’s work on greening the economic recovery from coronavirus, members will be quizzing the panel on the Government’s ambition to ensure low carbon industries are supported, and that the recovery aligns with tackling climate change.
The Committee will also use the opportunity to discuss a number of other issues relevant to the Committee’s current inquiries, such as electronic waste, energy efficiency and hydrogen.
Image: Parliamentary copyright