Committee to take evidence on 5G and OpenRAN technology
19 June 2020
On Wednesday 24 June, the Science and Technology Committee is holding its first evidence session as part of its UK telecommunications infrastructure and the UK's domestic capability inquiry.
This session will be held virtually and will be available to watch on parliamentlive.tv.
- Inquiry: UK telecommunications infrastructure and the UK's domestic capability
- Science and Technology Committee
Purpose of the Session
This session will focus on what 5G is, its role and uses in society and the role of OpenRAN technology.
Wednesday 24 June
Panel one (at 2.30pm)
- Matthew Evans, Director (Markets), techUK; and
- Professor Dimitra Simeonidou, Professor of High Performance Networks, University of Bristol.
Panel two (at approx. 3.15pm)
- Attilio Zani, Executive Director, Telecom Infra Project
Image: Parliamentary copyright