DCMS Secretary of State Oliver Dowden faces questioning by MPs on COVID-19 impact
17 April 2020
The impact of COVID-19 on sectors covered by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport underpins the first appearance by Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden before the Committee.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV: please note there is no access to Parliament
- Inquiry: Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
MPs will focus on how the Government is tackling the spread of misinformation and disinformation about coronavirus; the impact of the lockdown on sport and cultural organisations; issues arising from personal data use in areas such as contact tracing; the role of public service broadcasters during the crisis.
Following an earlier hearing on the impact on the charity sector, the committee will also be seeking clarification and further information about the Chancellor's recent announcement of £750 million support for charities.
- Rt Hon Oliver Dowden CBE MP, Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
- Sarah Healey, Permanent Secretary, Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport
Image: Parliamentary Copyright