Practitioners to give evidence on inclusion, representation and accessibility issues in sport
3 July 2020
MPs will put further questions on inclusion in sport to Paul Cleal, non-executive director and adviser to several relevant organisations including the Premier League, and Eniola Aluko, former England Women's footballer, who returns to the Committee to give evidence.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors
- Digital, Culture, Media and Sport Committee
This follows discussions with Premier League CEO Richard Masters at the most recent Committee session around the lack of BAME representation in football boards and players' participation in political or campaigning activity.
The Committee will also examine the inclusive aspects of gyms and leisure facilities and the impact of their closure on communities.
This session is part of the DCMS Committee's inquiry into the Impact of Covid-19 on DCMS sectors. The inquiry considers both the immediate and long-term impact that Covid-19 and the related social and financial measures are having on the wide range of industries and organisations under the Committee's remit.
Tuesday 7 July 2020
- Paul Monekosso Cleal OBE, adviser and non-executive director, sport/health sector
- Eniola Aluko, former England Women's footballer
- Huw Edwards, Chief Executive, ukactive