COVID-19 and food supply examined
1 June 2020
The Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee examines panic buying in supermarkets in March, the relationship between food suppliers and retailers, and the rise in food prices seen by consumers.
- Watch Parliament TV: COVID-19 and food supply
- Inquiry: COVID-19 and food supply
- Environment, Food and Rural Affairs Committee
Friday 5 June, virtual meeting
- Andrew Opie, Director of Food and Sustainability, British Retail Consortium
- James Lowman, Chief Executive, Association of Convenience Stores
The session is also likely to focus on access to food for those shielding, self-isolating or vulnerable, as well as the safety of key workers in shops and supermarkets.