Covid 19 - Retail and hospitality leaders to discuss Government’s help for businesses and workers
9 July 2021
The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) Committee will question industry leaders about the impact Coronavirus has had on both businesses and workers, hearing from the hospitality, retail and property sectors.
- Watch Parliament TV: The impact of coronavirus on businesses and workers
- Inquiry: The impact of coronavirus on businesses and workers
- Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee
As part of its ongoing inquiry into the impact of Coronavirus on businesses and workers, experts from the hospitality, retail and property sectors will be asked about commercial rent arrears, the newly-announced rent arbitration process, the impact self-isolation requirements are having on businesses, and what further support UK businesses would like the Government to provide.
Tuesday 13 July
- Ghislaine Halpenny, Director of Strategy and External Affairs, British Property Federation
- Kate Nicholls OBE, Chief Executive Officer of UKHospitality
- Helen Dickinson OBE, Chief Executive Officer of the British Retail Consortium
- Lindsay Judge, Research Direction at the Resolution Foundation think tank