Minister questioned on Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy
14 September 2020
During the inquiry, the the Environmental Audit Committee has received evidence on built-in obsolescence, the inability for consumers to repair electronic items and the hazardous toxins entering our environment when electronics are incorrectly disposed of. The Committee has heard from think tanks, retailers and academics during this inquiry.
- Watch Parliament TV: Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy
- Inquiry: Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy
- Environmental Audit Committee
Thursday 17 September 2020, virtual meeting
- Rebecca Pow MP, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State, Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
- Chris Preston, Deputy Director of Waste and Recycling, Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs
- Malcolm Lythgo, Deputy Director of Waste Enforcement and Regulation, Environment Agency
The hearing with Ministers concludes the inquiry ahead of the report being published later this year.