Tech companies quizzed on the environmental impact of their products
10 July 2020
The Environmental Audit Committee holds a further evidence session as part of the Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy inquiry.
- Parliament TV: Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy
- Inquiry: Electronic Waste and the Circular Economy
- Environmental Audit Committee
Purpose of the session
The Committee will be hearing from a number of leading manufacturers, tech companies and retailers to understand more about the durability and environmental impact of their products, and how they can be reused or recycled.
Witness names will be confirmed next week. The companies that will be represented are below.
Thursday 16 July 2020
- Kevin Considine, Head of Sustainability, Samsung
- Andrew Mullen, Head of Quality and sustainability for the UK and Ireland, Beko
- Eva Gouwens, CEO, Fairphone
- Robert ter Kuile, World Wide Director of Environmental Affairs, Amazon
- Matthew Manning, Compliance & Recycling Operations Manager, DixonsCarphone
- Astrid Wynne, Sustainability Manager, TechBuyer