Oral evidence session on national security spending
25 November 2021
An oral evidence session will be held on national security spending on Monday 29 November 2021.
- Parliament TV: watch the session live
- Inquiry: National Security Spending
- Joint Committee on the National Security Strategy
Purpose of the session
This is a one-off evidence session in support of the Committee’s work on the 2021 Integrated Review of Security, Defence, Development and Foreign Policy and the national security machinery.
The purpose of this session is to examine the role of the Treasury in national security spending. In particular, it will look at the relationship between the Government’s national security priorities set out in the Integrated Review and the funding allocated under the 2020 Spending Round and the 2021 Spending Review. This will include an examination of aid, defence and innovation expenditure over the next three years.
- Rt Hon Simon Clarke MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury
- Catherine Little, Director General Public Spending, HM Treasury