Rory Stewart and Lord Richards to give evidence on Afghanistan
22 November 2021
On 23 November, at 2.30pm, the Foreign Affairs Committee will hold a session on Afghanistan, hearing from Lord Richards and Rory Stewart, followed by Rudra Chaudhuri and Kori Schake in a second panel. The session will focus on the impact of the Taliban takeover on the region and the world.
- Watch Parliament TV: Government policy on Afghanistan
- Inquiry: Government policy on Afghanistan
- Foreign Affairs Committee
Lord (David) Richards of Herstmonceux is a former Chief of Defence Staff and former Chief of Staff of the Allied Rapid Reaction Corps (ARRC) in Afghanistan. He is currently a crossbench member of the House of Lords. Rory Stewart was an MP between 2010 and 2019, serving as Secretary of State for International Development and Chair of the Defence Committee.
Rudbra Chaudhuri is the director of Carnegie India, focusing on South Asia and security issues. Kori Schake is a senior fellow and the director of foreign and defense policy studies at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI).
- Lord (David) Richards of Herstmonceux – former Chief of Defence Staff
- Rory Stewart – former Secretary of State for International Development
- Rudra Chaudhuri – Director of Carnegie India
- Kori Schake – Director of Foreign and Defense Policy Studies at the American Enterprise Institute (AEI)
Image: Crown copyright