Defence Committee to question MoD on defence procurement and prosperity
12 November 2020
On Tuesday 17 November, the Defence Committee will question Jeremy Quin MP, Minister for Defence Procurement; Damian Parmenter, Director, Defence & Security industrial Strategy and Huw Walters, Director, Economic Security and Prosperity.
- Watch the session on Parliament TV
- Inquiry: Defence industrial policy: procurement and prosperity
- Defence Committee
The session forms part of the Committee's inquiry into procurement and prosperity.
Purpose of the session
In this final evidence session, the Committee will explore the implications of delaying the multi-year spending review for the Integrated Review, the Defence and Security Industrial Strategy and the Equipment Plan. It will seek to clarify the Department’s vision for a new industrial strategy and its definition of value for money and prosperity in procurement. It will also consider the impact of a second lockdown on defence suppliers and the role of defence in economic recovery.
Tuesday 17 November 2020, Macmillan Room, Portcullis House
- Jeremy Quin MP, Minister for Defence Procurement, MoD
- Damian Parmenter CBE, Director, Defence & Security industrial Strategy, MoD
- Huw Walters, Director, Economic Security and Prosperity, MoD
- Air Marshal Richard Knighton CB, Deputy Chief of the Defence Staff (Military Capability), MoD
Image: Parliamentary Copyright