Adequacy of benefits system support in Wales examined by MPs
14 October 2021
The Welsh Affairs Committee is to quiz a range of experts on the support provided by the benefits system in Wales, as its inquiry into the subject continues.
- Watch Parliament TV: The Benefits System in Wales
- Inquiry: The Benefits System in Wales
- Welsh Affairs Committee
Thursday 21 October 2021
- Dr Mike Brewer, Deputy Chief Executive, Resolution Foundation
- Dr Victoria Winckler, Director, The Bevan Foundation
- Charlotte Pickles, Director, Reform
- Anvar Sarygulov, Senior Research Fellow, Bright Blue
MPs will take evidence from representatives of think tanks the Resolution Foundation, the Bevan Foundation, Reform, and Bright Blue. In this second evidence session for the inquiry, the Committee will examine how effectively the system supported those affected by the covid-19 pandemic, the key challenges the benefits system generally faces, and whether any reform is needed in the long-term. MPs may also explore with witnesses the allowances and grants offered by the Welsh Government, and its pilot of the Universal Basic Income.