Committee holds first session on Gender Sensitive Parliament (House of Commons)
8 June 2021
The Women and Equalities Committee inquiry launched earlier this year to assess recent progress and make recommendations to create a more ‘gender-sensitive’ Parliament.
- Watch Parlaiment TV: Gender Sensitive Parliament
- Inquiry: Gender Sensitive Parliament
- Women and Equalities Committee
Wednesday 9 June, virtual meeting
- Professor Sarah Childs, Professor of Politics and Gender at London University Royal Holloway College
- Dr Alexandra Meakin, Research Associate at University of Manchester
- Ken Gall, President at Trade Union Side, UK Parliament
Today’s first oral evidence session on a Gender sensitive Parliament (House of Commons) and hopes to explore institutional focus, representation, policies, procedures and working arrangements for parent MPs.
Other areas expected to be covered include COVID-19 and hybrid working arrangements, buildings and facilities and restoration and renewal.