The Scottish Affairs Committee is holding a further evidence session exploring the media landscape in Scotland.
On Monday, MPs will hear from streaming giants Netflix and Amazon, while also receiving evidence from Sky and Sky News. They will explore the companies’ commitment to Scotland, both in terms of locating productions there and developing Scotland’s creative industries.
Following an earlier evidence session on public sector broadcasting where sports rights were raised, MPs are also likely to explore the issue of Sky sharing sports rights with free-to-air broadcasters.
During the evidence session, likely topics to be discussed are:
- The contribution of Sky, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video to the public service broadcasting landscape in Scotland
- Extent of creative work in Scotland
- Contribution to the development of the wider creative industry in Scotland
- Sharing of sports rights with free-to-air broadcasters
- The operation of Sky News
- Views on potential legislative and regulatory changes