The Science and Technology Committee is to hold the second evidence session of its inquiry into reproducibility and research integrity. The session will be split into two parts: the first two panels will focus on the role that researchers, research institutions and publishers can play in ensuring reproducibility in research. The third panel will examine research integrity by exploring the possible origins of covid-19.
Wednesday 15 December 2021
Panel one, from at 9.30am
- Dr Ben Goldacre, Senior clinical research fellow at the Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, the University of Oxford.
- Dr Jessica Butler, Analytical Lead and Research Fellow, University of Aberdeen.
Panel two, from approx. 10.15am
- Dr Ritu Dhand, Chief Scientific Officer, Springer Nature; and,
- Dr Elizabeth Moylan, Publisher, Research Integrity and Publishing Ethics, Wiley.
Panel three, from approx. 11.00am
- Richard Horton, Editor in Chief, The Lancet;
- Viscount Ridley, Co-author, Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19;
- Dr Alina Chan, Co-author, Viral: The Search for the Origin of Covid-19.