On Tuesday 23 November at 3pm, the Economic Affairs Committee will hold its next meeting to hear oral evidence on central bank digital currencies (CBDCs). The Committee will hear from Andrew Bailey, Governor of the Bank of England and Sir Jon Cunliffe, Deputy Governor for Financial Stability at the Bank of England.
Topics the committee is likely to cover in this session include:
- CBDCs and financial and monetary stability
- CBDCs use case for consumers
- CBDCs and the power and responsibilities of the Bank of England
- Wholesale versus retail CBDCs
- CBDCs and competition and innovation in payments
- CBDCs and interoperable cross border payments
- Security and privacy risks from CBDCs
The committee previously took evidence from John Glen MP, Economic Secretary to the Treasury and Charles Roxburgh, Second Permanent Secretary, HM Treasury.
You can watch these evidence sessions on Parliamentlive.tv - Lords