Purpose of the session
The committee is examining the National Lottery licence competition process amidst criticism that the current operators, Camelot, have increased profits at a faster rate than funding for good causes.
The session will also look at gambling-related harm and whether there is enough recognition that playing the lottery is a form of gambling. Described as the most common form of gambling in the UK, MPs are likely to examine whether the National Lottery is doing enough to represent the dangers of gambling.
Tuesday 30 November 2021
Panel 1, from 10am
- Adam Peaty MBE, Olympic swimmer
- Lauren Rowles, Paralympic rower
- Ellie Robinson, Paralympic swimmer
Panel 2, from approx 11:00
- Anna Powell-Smith, Founder, Centre for Public Data
- Dr Sasha Stark, Senior Researcher, Responsible Gambling Council