Committee questions Ofgem and Minister on net zero
The Industry and Regulators Committee will question Ofgem, the UK’s energy regulator, and Rt Hon Greg Hands MP, Minister for Energy, Clean Growth and Climate Change, in its final evidence sessions on Ofgem’s role in the transition to net zero. The Committee will discuss whether the Government has provided clear policies to support the net zero transition, the impact of recent energy price issues, and whether consumers are ready to decarbonise their energy use.
Possible questions include:
- Is there now a clear policy framework in place to support the objective of a net zero energy system?
- Is there a need for greater co-ordination within Government and the public sector on net zero policies?
- What role should Ofgem play in the future energy system?
- How will consumers be taken on the journey to get them to make the necessary changes to decarbonise their homes and how will Ofgem and energy suppliers help them with this?
- What are the lessons of the high number of energy supplier failures in recent months and what changes to Ofgem’s regulation might be needed?