On Tuesday 2 November at 3pm, the Rt Hon. Rishi Sunak MP Chancellor of the Exchequer, will give oral evidence to the Economic Affairs Committee as part the Chancellor’s annual security session. Dan York-Smith, Director, Strategy Panning and Budget at HM Treasury and Conrad Smewing Director, Public Spending at HM Treasury will also be giving oral evidence alongside the Chancellor.
Topics the committee is likely to cover in these sessions include:
- Concerns of a persistence in the increase in inflation rate
- Are the increase in wages compensating for the rise in the cost of living?
- The current position of the labour market post-furlough
- The assessment of the Kickstart scheme
- Investment on the immediate transition for the Government’s Net Zero commitments
- Guarantee of allocating funds raised from the national insurance to the social care sector
- Potential benefits of central bank digital currencies in the UK
You can watch these evidence sessions on Parliamentlive.tv - Lords