Rail Minister to give evidence to Lords inquiry on fare reforms
On Wednesday 15 September 2021 the House of Lords Built Environment Committee will continue to take evidence on its rail fare reforms inquiry.
Topics the committee may cover include:
- How to encourage people back onto the railways and increase income from non-commuter travellers.
- How rail fares will be simplified.
- Progress made in delivering contactless payment options across UK railways.
- How competition through third party retailers will continue once Great British Rail replaces operator websites with one central website.
- Progress made in switching to using CPI, rather than RPI, for fare increases.
- Adoption of single-leg ticketing.