Vulnerable children: Andrea Leadsom to be quizzed by Lords committee
Former cabinet minister Andrea Leadsom, along with other expert andlocal government witnesses, will give evidence tomorrow when it continues its inquiry into vulnerable children and public services.
The MP chaired a review into improving the health and development outcomes for babies in England and published its findings in March 2021.
- Parliament TV: The role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Inquiry: The role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Public Services Committee
- What is inhibiting collaboration around the needs of vulnerable children and families at the local level?
- What is preventing national government and local services from investing in early family help, and how can this be overcome?
- What role should Family Hubs play in facilitating the integration of services and early intervention support as part of a national strategy on vulnerable children?
In our second panel with local councils and the voluntary sector, the Committee will be asking:
- Do you agree with the findings of the Leadsom review that Family Hubs should be at the centre of an integrated Government strategy on vulnerable children?
- Have you been able to protect early intervention funding in your area and, if so, how?
- How do you work with the local voluntary sector to design and deliver services to vulnerable children and families?