Vulnerable children: Heads of social care and safeguarding reviews amongst expert witnesses
Josh MacAlister who recently published an interim review of children’s social care will be among several expert witnesses appearing before the Committee tomorrow
- Parliament TV: The role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Inquiry: The role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Public Services Committee
The Committee is continuing to explore reform of support for children and families, safeguarding and social care
- How should policy makers define child vulnerability?
- What are the main data gaps on vulnerable children and how can they be addressed?
- What role does vulnerability play in determining a child’s outcomes and life chances?
- What are the most significant barriers at central and local government level to providing adequate early intervention support for families?
- What has the Policy Lab identified as the major barriers to innovation in children’s services?
- How can local services integrate better to ensure that children do not fall through gaps between services?