Vulnerable children: schools charities and safeguarding experts give evidence
Charities and children’s services experts will be questioned as the Committee continues its inquiry into vulnerable children and public services
- ParliamentLive.tv: Role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Inquiry: Role of public services in addressing child vulnerability
- Public Services Committee
- How large is the gap between the provision of support and the number of schoolchildren who have mental health needs, are at risk of criminal exploitation or who live in families where addiction, poor mental health and abuse are present?
- How do schools support or direct support to vulnerable children who do not meet the threshold for statutory services?
- What can be done to improve data-sharing between agencies and the integration of schools with police, NHS and local authorities to support early intervention?
- What are the most common failings identified in serious child safeguarding reviews?
- How well do public services learn from failure?
- How can the Government support local public services to improve?
Follow the progress of the inquiry and work of the Committee on twitter at @LordsPublicSCom