Do we have the coaches we need for a more active population?
On 19 May, the House of Lords Sport and Recreation Committee will hold its first evidence session of the new session of Parliament with coaching experts and trade bodies. The Committee is exploring whether we have the right pathways and resources to help coaches support a more active population.
Areas of discussion
- The current state of the sport and coaching workforce and volunteers in the UK.
- How sports can improve the diversity of their coaches and other members of the workforce including in leadership positions.
- Whether apprenticeships and other career pathways are delivering the number of skilled coaches needed for the sport and recreation industry.
- How better links can be developed between volunteer coaches and professional coaches and careers.
- Whether there should be a mandatory assessment or qualification system in place for all sport coaches.
You can follow the Committee on Twitter @HLSportandRec