Is there an increasing risk of a no-exit strategy from Quantitative Easing?
On Tuesday 13 April at 3pm, the Economic Affairs Committee holds its seventh set of evidence sessions on its Quantitative Easing inquiry.
- Is there a case for the Bank of England to return to paying zero interest on its reserves, or different tiers of interest payments?
- What is the impact of Quantitative Easing on debt sustainability and the public finances in the current environment of very low interest rates? What will be the effect when interest rates go up?
- In what ways has Quantative Easing affected the viability of different types of pension plans?
- Has the Bank’s Quantative Easing programme been subject to sufficient scrutiny and accountability to date?
- Has the Bank practised monetary financing during the pandemic?
- Have the Bank and the Treasury been transparent enough about the level of policy coordination during the pandemic?