Committee takes evidence from DWP and DfE in joint session on youth unemployment
The Youth Unemployment Committee holds its first public evidence session with officials from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) and the Department for Education (DfE). The session is the first of the Committee’s new inquiry, examining youth unemployment, education and skills. The Committee is required to agree its report by November 2021.
This evidence session will be held remotely and streamed on Parliament TV.
Likely topics of questions
- Tackling youth unemployment during COVID-19
- Cooperation between government departments on youth unemployment policy
- Engagement with external organisations and agencies on policy implementation
- Improving the participation of vulnerable and under-represented young people in education and the labour market
- Performance of Kickstart and other schemes such as the Youth Offer
- The role of education and the national curriculum in developing skills for the labour market
- Promoting technical and vocational education