President and Deputy President of the Supreme Court to give evidence to the Committee
The Committee hears from the President and Deputy President of the Supreme Courts
- How effectively has the Supreme Court been able to carry out its role during the Covid-19 pandemic?
- Has the constitutional role and responsibility of Supreme Court judges changed in recent years?
- Is the Supreme Court in need of reform?
- Would increased ministerial involvement in the selection of the senior judiciary be acceptable or useful?
- What steps are being taken to ensure that as wide and diverse a pool of candidates apply for vacancies on the Court?