Are schools doing enough to promote active lifestyles?
The House of Lords Select Committe on a National Plan for Sport and Recreation will take evidence across two sessions to explore the role of the PE Curriculum in schools and whether it is effective in instilling a lifelong love of sport and physical activity.
Areas of discussion
- The effectiveness of the PE and Sport Premium on the quality of PE and sport in schools.
- Whether local sports clubs should be involved in delivering sports in school for younger children.
- Whether Ofsted should have a bigger role in assessing PE in schools.
- How sport and activity can be made more fun for young people.
- Whether more should be done to make schools sport facilities available to children outside of school hours.