Experts give evidence on agricultural and environmental policy in Northern Ireland
In its sixth evidence session, the Common Frameworks Scrutiny Committee discusses the common frameworks process in Northern Ireland with three agricultural and environmental policy experts on Tuesday 2 February. The session will also examine broader questions on the Northern Ireland Protocol, the UK Internal Market Bill and stakeholder engagement with the common frameworks process.
Possible questions include:
- How important is the need for regulatory cooperation between Northern Ireland and Great Britain? What role could common frameworks play?
- What role should common frameworks play in responding to changes in EU law covered by the Northern Ireland Protocol?
- Is the delay in publishing the agriculture and environment frameworks a cause for concern?
- What impact could the delays to the Environment Bill have on the agriculture and environment frameworks?
- Could the UK Internal Market Act could lead to administrations undercutting each other’s agricultural and environmental standards?