Devolution experts give evidence on common frameworks
As part of its ongoing inquiry, the Common Frameworks Scrutiny Committee questions three devolution experts on the constitutional place of common frameworks on Tuesday 26 January. The session will examine the relationship between common frameworks and the UK Internal Market Act, the Northern Ireland Protocol and the review of intergovernmental relations, as well as the need for ongoing parliamentary scrutiny.
Possible questions include:
- What role should common frameworks play in the UK’s constitutional structure?
- How should the powers in the UK Internal Market Act to exempt the common frameworks from the market access principles be used in practice?
- How will the common frameworks relate to the Northern Ireland Protocol? What role should common frameworks play in considering new rules introduced through the NI Protocol?
- How would you describe the current state of intergovernmental relations in the UK? What practical changes do you hope to see from the review of intergovernmental relations?
- How important is parliamentary scrutiny of common frameworks? What role should interparliamentary cooperation play in scrutinising common frameworks?