Committee hears from Ministers on the use of emergency during the pandemic
The Constitution Committee continues with its inquiry into the constitutional implications of COVID-19. On Wednesday 13 January the Committee holds a session with Government Ministers, looking into the use and scrutiny of emergency powers during the pandemic.
Possible questions include:
- Do you think Parliament has been able effectively to scrutinise the secondary legislation the Government has brought forward during the pandemic?
- What plans, if any, does the Government have to review and consolidate emergency powers as a result of the pandemic?
- Are you concerned about confusion between the law and guidance? What steps are you taking to ensure that the difference between them is clear to the public
- How effectively have the three devolved Governments and the UK Government worked together during the pandemic
- How effectively have local government leaders been involved in decisions about the UK response to Covid-19?