The questions the Committee is likely to ask include:
- Will the IT infrastructure at ports and Eurotunnel be in place to facilitate the movement of goods between GB and the EU?
- Will the necessary infrastructure at the border and inland be ready in time for the new arrangements in 2021?
- Are enough HMRC and Border Force staff likely to be trained and in place in time for the end of transition?
- How ready is the Port of Calais for new customs requirements, and what has been the extent of coordination and collaboration with the Port of Dover on preparations for 1 January and beyond?
- Can traders and hauliers shift from Dover-Calais to other, less busy routes or Eurotunnel, in case of congestion?
- Has the Government done enough to ensure the uninterrupted flow of critical goods?