HMRC, business representatives, hauliers and customs specialists questioned on the roll-out of new customs IT systems for the end of the Brexit transition period, as well as the capacity of the customs intermediary sector (Top line)
Areas of interest
Possible questions that may be asked by the Committee include:
- Is HMRC on track to deliver the required IT infrastructure in time for the end of the transition (and 1 July for the full implementation of import procedures)?
- What testing and roll-out schedule is HMRC working to? What fallback options are available in case of delays or roll-out failure?
- Will software suppliers have sufficient time to update their systems to link into the new IT infrastructure?
- Are traders, hauliers and customs agents trained and ready to operate the new systems?
- How successful has the Customs Grant Scheme been at increasing the capacity of the customs intermediary sector to meet the projected higher demand for its services?