Women’s rights and regional perspectives on Afghanistan
The House of Lords International Relations and Defence Committee will take evidence from the Special Envoy of the President of Afghanistan and on experts on India and Iran’s relationship with Afghanistan.
The Committee will ask about the current state of women’s rights in and Afghanistan, the potential effect of the peace talks on women’s rights, as well as considering and the objectives of Iran and India in Afghanistan.
- To what extent have women’s rights and participation progressed in Afghanistan since 2001?
- Does the progress made on women’s rights and participation vary by socio-economic status, region and ethnic group?
- How would you assess the current levels of protection, fair application of the rule of law and access to justice for women in Afghanistan?
- What are the positions of India and Iran and Central Asian countries towards the US – Taliban agreement and peace talks in Afghanistan?
- Do you expect Iran and India’s policy towards Afghanistan to change after the withdrawal of US troops?
- What are the most significant security issues between Afghanistan and India and Afghanistan and Iran?