Michael Gove MP and Lord Frost update the Committee on the future relationship negotiations
The House of Lords EU Committee takes evidence from Rt Hon. Michael Gove MP, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancatser, and Lord Frost, Chief UK negotiator with the EU, on the progress of UK-EU future relationship negotiations.
On 18 September 2020 we wrote a letter to the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster with nine questions on the UK Internal Market Bill and its implications for the UK-EU Withdrawal Agreement and the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland ahead of the evidence session.
Topics for discussion
- The timetable for negotiations
- The UK Internal Market Bill and its implications for the Protocol on Ireland/Northern Ireland
- State aid and non-regression
- Movement of goods and preparations for the end of the transition period
- Future UK-EU police and security cooperation