Is the UK ready to regulate chemicals post-Brexit?
The EU Environment Sub-Committee will ask chemicals industry organisations and specialists whether the UK’s chemicals regulatory regime is ready for the end of the transition period.
Areas of discussion
Members will be asking witnesses about:
- Opportunities and threats for UK chemicals policy in the near term
- Chemicals in a UK-EU future partnership agreement
- Data aspects of UK REACH
- Readiness of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) for its new role
- Information and policy decisions needed before 1 January 2021
- What else the Government can do to smoothen the transition