The House of Lords Science and Technology Committee will hold an evidence session with Professor Dame Angela McLean, the Government Chief Scientific Adviser since April 2023.
The session will focus on Dame Angela’s priorities and the role of science and scientists in Government policy. Members will explore a number of issues related to the role of science within government, policies designed to support the UK’s ambitions to be a “science superpower” and the work of the broader network of Chief Scientific Advisers.
Possible question areas
- The achievements to date of the Department for Science, Innovation and Technology
- The work of the National Science and Technology Council
- The risks involved in the use of AI within government
- How the network of Chief Scientific Advisers operates in practice
- The use of Government procurement to support innovation