Modern methods of construction inquiry
On Tuesday 5 December the House of Lords Built Environment Committee continues its inquiry into modern methods of construction.
Possible questions for Platform Housing Group
- Do you want to deliver more MMC homes across your portfolio and what are the key challenges to doing this?
- What has been the user experience of the residents in your MMC-delivered homes? Do they think MMC homes are better than traditionally built ones?
- Have stipulations under the Affordable Homes Programme to deliver a minimum of 25 per cent of homes through MMC increased your use of MMC and to what extent has this been made up of categories three to seven?
- Is MMC vital to meeting the Government’s target of 300,000 homes per year and if so, what policy changes are needed to facilitate greater delivery of MMC homes? Or are the challenges broader than policy issues?
Possible questions for Daiwa House Modular Europe
- Based on your experiences working in Germany, the Netherlands and other countries, could you tell us what factors have made MMC more successful abroad and any lessons learned for the UK?
- Have you faced difficulties in obtaining warranties for your projects in the UK more than in other countries?
- Are the existing training programmes and apprenticeships in the construction industry in the UK adequate to equip the workforce to use MMC effectively, and are there examples of better training systems abroad?