Regulatory divergence inquiry: Business representatives give evidence
On Wednesday 22 November, the Sub-Committee on the Windsor Framework will hear business perspectives on how regulatory divergence is impacting across different industry sectors, in the context of the Windsor Framework.
Possible questions include:
- Has regulatory divergence had any effect so far on your sector?
- What impact, if any, has the agreement of the Windsor Framework had on the issue of regulatory divergence?
- What do you think are the main risks or opportunities in relation to regulatory divergence now and in the future?
- For your sector, how does the impact of regulatory divergence differ between NI and GB; between GB and the EU; and between Ireland and Northern Ireland?
- What is your assessment of the Windsor Framework’s mechanisms to manage divergence, including the new Special Goods Body and the role of the Office of the Internal Market (as described in the UK Government’s Command Paper, The Windsor Framework: a new way forward)? What might the impact of the Stormont Brake be on regulatory divergence?
- Are you aware of any Government attempts to track instances of regulatory divergence of relevance to the Windsor Framework
- In your view, has the UK Government and the EU done enough to make information on regulatory divergence easily accessible, whether it results from legislative developments in either the EU or GB?
- How much engagement has there been between the UK Government and sectors affected by divergence? Has this been sufficient, in your view?