Modern methods of construction inquiry
On Monday 20 November the House of Lords Built Environment Committee continues its inquiry into modern methods of construction.
- What is driving the demand for MMC-delivered projects in your sectors?
- Why do you think we haven’t seen the same scale of business failure outside of the Category 1 MMC housing market? Have you faced any of the challenges or barriers similar to the ones faced by Category 1 MMC housebuilders?
- Could you tell us what aspects of MMC are most attractive to investors?
- Are the existing training programmes in the construction industry adequate to equip the workforce to use MMC effectively?
- We heard from TopHat that introducing new building regulations for Category 1 MMC homes would not be helpful for the industry. Does this assessment hold true for the specific MMC sectors that you work in?
- How do you show compliance with the requirements for warranties and insurance and do you have any difficulties in obtaining these?
- Does the planning system act as a barrier specifically to MMC-delivered projects, in any way?
- Have you come across similar challenges in your projects in other countries?